Our Next Meeting

Our next meeting will be held on October 12th, 2013 at the Ladysmith Library from 1-3 PM.

Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Looking Ahead- Our Selection for September

As I said earlier, it seems really early to be thinking about what book we'll read and discuss in September, but it'll be here before you know it.  So here are some suggestions on themes and books.  Links are to GoodReads lists that I think might be helpful.  Please, please, please add your own in the comments section below.

So last September, we went with a back-to-school theme, so that's where I'm kicking it off.
Not exactly in the back-to-school theme, but something we haven't read before- graphic novels.  There a ton of really good ones out there, and some are just as highly respected as a regular novel.

One last thing that September makes me think of- the return of fall tv shows.  We could go with a book that spawned a tv show or vis-versa.  Think the Heat Series (Castle), The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, Temperance Brennan (Bones), etc.

Let me know what you think about these suggestions and please leave your own!

11 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I like Hunger Games, graphic novels, non-fiction (how about "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother"), or The Vampire Diaries...actaully a YA paranormal romance could be fun. I saw some on Goodreads that seem interesting; The Darkest Night, Hush,Hush, Unearthly, Darkfever, City of Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want something light...I have not been able to get into the Game of Thrones at all. I have tried several times and then forget what I read and have to start over. :( I may have to download season 1 and watch it just so I can join in on the conversation about it. Loved the vampire diaries and my daughter is wanting to read them too so that would be good for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kyra, I totally agree with you; something light would be nice!

      Delete
  3. I agree, something light would be nice. Maybe one of the classics as Megan suggested first. I've only read a few so maybe you all can select something interesting. Nothing like Time Machine please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm...a light classic? How about To Kill a Mockingbird? I'll try to find somemore on Good Reads.

      Delete
    2. I've never read that one. I'll read anything though!

      Delete
    3. I haven't read it either, but I've seen the movie. It's really good.

      Delete
  4. brwnidelady@yahoo.comJuly 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM

    Heat series, Vampire Diaries, or Johnny Tremain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok ladies, the one I keep seeing over and over is The Vampire Diaries. Is everyone ok with this or do we want to vote on some suggestions?

    ReplyDelete