Our Next Meeting

Our next meeting will be held on October 12th, 2013 at the Ladysmith Library from 1-3 PM.

Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Passing the Torch

Hey y'all!

Most of the members already know me, but for those who don't - I'm Jessica and I am now the library liaison for the Book Club. Megan recently got a promotion, which is good news for her, but sad news for all of us who love her, as it means all of her time will be occupied at the Bowling Green branch from now on. Hopefully, she will still have the time to attend our meetings as a member and maybe enjoy it even more, now that the responsibilities have been passed to another.

And on that note, I'll give you a little bit about myself: I'm a student at the University of Mary Washington, slated to graduate this May. I'll earn my BA in English and am planning to go on to graduate school to become a fully-fledged librarian. I plan to be at Caroline Library, Inc. for a very long time. I like fantasy novels (Harry Potter, the Lord of the Rings), science fiction, Doctor Who, and most sub-genres of Young Adult fiction. I love travel and crafts and sweet tea and, of course, books.

I hope that the book club can continue to be as awesome as Megan always made it, but we've got such a good group of readers that I have very few reservations about how things will progress.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it's going to be a-pause-mazing Jessica! You're already off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete